Monday, September 12, 2005

I have some questions

I want to ask Bob some questions, but it seems relevent to all of us, so I'm posting here.
1. What jobs can we do in this field?
    be a professor? work in a company? start a business?
    Also, let's say our group developed a technology for self-driving cars, and we want to start an automatic taxi service. Should we start a business or what?
2. Innovation vs. Integration
    There are lots of good technologies(papers) that could be, but are not made into profitable/beneficial products/services, so why aren't they? It seems that researchers keep inventing new stuffs, but they are not becoming products. Someone can make lots of (undeserved?) money just by reading their papers and integrating them into products.
3. Racism in America?
    I want to live in America (because of more space, cleaner air, more places to explore / things to do / job possibilities, better food, ...), but my dad says there'll be racism problems, especially for my kids. But I guess that if we are smarter or be better persons, people will treat us well enough. Besides, I think people are nicer there (according to movies and my personal experience).

2 comments:

Jim said...

After more consideration, I think I know too little about people. I rarely socialize with people. I don't know how. The only people I interact with are my girlfriend, my family, people from the lab, and 7-11/etc clerks. Stuff on TV is too biased.

Bob said...

This Wednesday I will tell you my point of view about these questions.

Best,