Monday, June 06, 2005

More about Song AIBO...

Eric and other members,

I hope that I did not scare you with requesting a proposal. These requests are normal. When I was a student, I had to convince my advisor in order to purchase the sensors I want to use. I explained my ideas and showed him my preliminary results. Now I am a faculty member. I still need to convince my boss for purchasing equipments. Again, proposal requests are common.

Song AIBO is a good platform. I contacted my friend in Taiwan Sony and it seems that I need to contact Japan Sony directly. I will keep trying after I go back to Taiwan. Meanwhile, you could try to think about and write down your research plans this summer and try to “convince” me when I go back. I will do my best to help you if I am convinced.

Please do not be afraid of asking!

-Bob

No comments: